4/03/2012

Birthday Presents and more

Parker made a very special present for my birthday this past year. I found a blog I love and visit regularly (ana-white.com), she features free designs for super cute furniture and other practical projects. Not a fast craft project, but still good beginner weekend projects. If you have spare time I strongly suggest you look it up and take some time to browse the project ideas. Even if you don't make something you can get great ideas for decorating!

So, back to my present. I have a very long wish list from her site, but the first thing I wanted is called a lego coffee table. Basically a very cute and sturdy coffee table with two hidden compartments to store legos or anything else. The girls have legos in one side and a train set in the other. Parker chose the wood and stain and did a very good job building this piece, mostly because it had to pass the periodic inspections of a very particular wife!!! Sorry hunny.

The finished product is amazing and I love how such a nice piece of furniture can store/hide the girls toys. I am not a fan of having toys in the living room, and since we don't have a separate family room area this has been awesome.                                                                                                                                                         
 For Christmas, Parker surprised me with a piano bench he made...without plans. I will post pictures when we find the charger for our camera, but until then I just wanted to tell him thanks and how much I love the thoughtful gift!
           
                                               

   

No comments:

Post a Comment