We have had so much fun this summer. I will try to get some posts and pictures of our adventures up. In the mean time, here is an overview. I have a horrible memory and need to write this stuff down before I forget!
We found out in December that we were expecting baby Reid #3. We thought it would take a little while to get pregnant, but once again we had a baby due in the summer. August 17 2012 to be exact. A few weeks after I peed on the stick, I got really sick. I expected this after my first two pregnancies, so i was armed with every over the counter remedy. I'm not sure that anything worked, because I threw up at least once a day and everything made me feel sick.
I know I said this post was to be highlights of our summer, but knowing this sets the tone ;) McKinley was going to preschool at St Anthony's and taking gymnastics classes. Kylee was going to a preschool a few of my friends took turns teaching. Our winter was so uneventful, because I was too sick to handle anything extra.
Okay, so we did buy a house, but Parker pretty much did that on his own, sorry hunny! Thanks to all my wonderful friends in the ward, we got our rental house packed up and cleaned. Now fast forward to our summer...
I started watching a very cute 5 month old, Skyler. I really wanted to see how I would handle 3 kids, and how the girls would treat a baby. I was pleasantly surprised! We finished school for both the girls and McKinley played soccer with the city team. I was so excited for a more peaceful and relaxing summer.
We went to the city pool at least once a week. They have a very impressive outdoor kids pool. The girls could play for hours, I mean they did play for hours!
The end of June brought an exciting event, when i went into labor at 32 weeks. We had spent a relaxing day lounging at the pool, and a quick trip to the store to stock up on food to put in the freezer for after baby was born. Sadly, all the meat and fresh stuff went bad while i was in Denver. That night, I started having contractions 5 minutes apart. They weren't getting stronger, but they were 3 minutes apart by the time we put the girls to bed. Brother Speight came over to help Parker give me a blessing. I didn't want to go to the hospital, so we kept waiting for things to progress. I texted my friend Kristen, who is a nurse in labor and delivery at the hospital. I kept her informed and she told my Dr. who said to come in. After midnight we had a friend come over to be with the sleeping girls while we headed to the hospital. I was worried because the baby was so early, and knew that I would be sent to a hospital with a NICU (at least 2 hours away to the closest NICU).
To make a long story short, well shorter, I was given pitocin and my contractions continued. I was life flighted to Denver, and Parker drove with the girls. He was worried he would miss the birth (which you may already know didn't happen). When I arrived in Denver, I was very sleep deprived and sick from all the medicine. I was on three different meds to stop the contractions and all had nasty side effects. I kept having contractions while at the hospital, but didn't progress. (ie. my cervix didn't dilate any more) I stayed in Denver with my sister for a week. My Mom came out to help, then took my girls back to Vernal with her. They had a blast playing! They also got to play with their Duncan cousins who were on vacation in Utah.
Parker and I went back to Sterling, and I slept, and slept, and slept. It was so nice not to have any kids to take care of. We have decided to send the girls to Grandma and Grandpa's at least twice a year!
I kept having contractions, even while taking medicine, for three weeks. Avery finally made her appearance at 3 am July 16th. She was a perfect 6 lbs. 8 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long.
I woke up after midnight with contractions, thinking they were more Braxton Hicks, I got in a hot shower to stop them. I woke Parker up just in case and called our friend who volunteered to watch the girls. We got to the hospital at 1:30, still not sure if we would be sent home again! By 2 I was checked in and the contractions hurt (the point where you know "this is happening"). I had asked for an epidural when I arrived, but the anesthesiologist wasn't ready until 2:30. Now no judging unless you have planned an epidural and were forced to wait in excruciating pain for almost an hour, but I was frustrated with how long he took. Anyway, everything was wonderful after the epidural, and Avery was born. Now on to the rest of the summer as promised :)
...In the next post
10/11/2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So happy Avery made it safe and sound and also her mommy! loved reading her birth story. glad you feel better now!
ReplyDelete